aws e308-16 welding electrodes
Welding rod AWSA5.4 E308L-16
AWS A5.4 E308L-16 is coated titanium calcium type of ultra-low carbon Cr19Ni10 stainless steel electrode.The deposited metal carbon content less than 0.04%, has a good intergranular corrosion resistance, good welding performance.Ac/dc.
Used for welding low carbon Cr19Ni10 stainless steel structure, also can be used for 06 cr19ni11ti working temperature below 300 ℃ of corrosion resistant stainless steel structure, it is mainly used for manufacture of synthetic fiber, fertilizer, oil and other equipment.
Chemical Composition of Deposited Metal (%)
Mechanical Properties of Deposited Metal
Rm σb (Mpa)
σs ≥ 400
Sizes, Length & Recommended Current (AC/DC)
Coated water content
X-ray inspection requirements
1: PLS clear oil, rust, water and other impurities on the butt welding pieces before Welding.
2: The electrodes must be baked under 300~350°C for an hour before welding and used as soon as baking is completed.
3: When welding, short arc must be used and stringer bead is suitable.
1:Stable arc ; 2:Fewer spatters ;3:Easy to restrike ; 4:Less smog
5:Good off slag, high deposition efficiency
Size: 2.5MM X 300MM (Packing: 2.5kg/inner boxes 8boxes/cartons=20kg)
Size: 3.2MM X 350MM (Packing: 5.0kg/inner boxes 4boxes/cartons=20kg)
Size: 4.0MM X 350MM (Packing: 5.0kg/inner boxes 4boxes/cartons=20kg)
Electrode storage method
The electrode must be classification, grades, partial deposit.
The electrode must be stored in dry and ventilated warehouse.
Electrode shall be 0.3 meters from the ground and metope.
Remark: pls pay attention to moistureproof .
- Q:What kind of welding rod is used for No. 55 steel?
- No. 55 steel belongs to medium carbon steel and its weldability is poor. It should be preheated before welding. General structure arc welding using E4301, E4303, E4311, E4313, E4320 or J422 welding rod can be. The stress (main body) structure arc welding uses E4315, E4316, E5015, E5016 or J425 welding rod.
- Q:What are the technological parameters of E5015 welding rod?
- PQR is very simple, welding procedure qualification, if you need a template, I can provide a copy to you, PQR needs to do more projects, including welding parameters, substrate size, material size, heat treatment after welding, should also be
- Q:What electrodes can be used to weld boilers?
- Welding furnace electrode is the most commonly used J422 and J507 two.Because often used in boiler manufacture, commonly used steel is: sheet --Q245R (20g) and Q345R (16Mng)Profiles --20# (GB3087) tubing 20# (GB699)Among them, the electrode matching Q345R (16Mng) is J507, and the other three kinds of materials match with J422 electrode.
- Q:Can ordinary 422 electrode welding pig iron?
- If your "pig iron" refers to white cast iron, then please dispel the concept of welding. If the volume is not too large gray cast iron, the actual method of operation is cast iron hot welding.Equipment: cutting gun, AC welderProcess: welding workpiece positioning, and then open the oxygen preheating heating by gas burners for welding of cast iron by glowing red hot, and then use the 507 electrode welding current. Better heat preservation if the casting sand is used after soldering.
- Q:What is the corresponding brand number of electrode model E55?
- E55 stands for: E carbon steel welding rod, low alloy steel welding rod, the strength is between 440 ~540MPA, and the main alloy is Mn-Si-Mo.E55 series welding rod:E5511-G, the Chinese brand is J555 AWS, and the model is E8011-G:Cellulose type AC and DC+ are used for vertical butt welding of low alloy steel tubes, girth welding, butt welding, and vertical structure welding of corresponding strength grade.E5516-G, the Chinese brand is J556 AWS, and the model is E8016-G:Low hydrogen type AC and DC+ are suitable for welding medium carbon steel and 15MnTi, 15MnV and other low alloy steel structures.E5516-G, the Chinese brand is J556RH AWS, and the model is E8016-G:Low hydrogen type AC and DC+ are suitable for pressure vessel, offshore platform, ship and other low alloy steel structures.E5515-G, the Chinese brand is J557 AWS, and the model is E8015-G:Low hydrogen type DC+ is suitable for welding medium carbon steel and 15MnTi, 15MnV and other low alloy steel structures.
- Q:What's the difference between 506 electrode and 502 electrode?
- The biggest difference between J506 and J502 is the ingredient in the skin:506 is low hydrogen potassium type, baking temperature 350~380, high requirements can be used 506, welding seam for low hydrogen type, crack resistance is good. But the process requires high oil, rust, water must be removed,502 is the calcium titanium type, not baking. Beautiful shaping and easy to remove slag.
- Q:Why is the electrode almost finished? Each time there is a little left?
- You mean the last point is not welding? That's normal, because there is no welding, no welding, it will stick, and if it is not covered with drugs, it is a waste, oh, do not learn to do so,
- Q:Air conditioning copper pipe welding problems, how to weld well, and what electrode to use?
- Or you can use the silver electrode with low platinum electrode K America Harris recently developed, specially for pipe welding, can go to Guangzhou Shen Xing Refrigeration trade firm, welding close to red to electrode
- Q:What welding rod is used for the welding of Q345 material?
- The use of low alloy steel electrode welding hot rolling and normalizing steel, is the main basis for the guarantee of weld metal strength, plasticity and impact toughness and other mechanical properties of base metal and matching of welding thick component, in order to prevent welding crack, can adopt "undermatched" principle, namely the selection of weld metal strength is lower than base metal electrode. When welding low carbon quenched and tempered steel, the hydrogen should be strictly controlled, so the low hydrogen or ultra low hydrogen electrode should be used. In order to ensure the plasticity, toughness and strength of weld metal, and to improve the crack resistance, the low carbon alloy system should be adopted to reduce the content of sulfur and phosphorus in the weld metal.You can use J503, J502, J507, J506, J507GR, J507RH brand welding rod for welding.
- Q:Who knows what welding electrode is?
- Composition and function of welding electrode:One electrode. By core (metal core) and coating composition1. cores: metal cored electrode is coated with coating. Manual welding, welding electrode is not only.Filler metal.2. coating: pressure on the surface of the coating layer on the electrode. It is composed of a variety of ores, iron alloys, cellulose and binders.Two. Role of welding rodThe main function of the 1. cores:Act as an electrode to conduct current and to ignite an arc.Melt as filler metal and weld together with molten parent metal. In order to guarantee the quality of welding seam, the chemical composition of weld metal is more strict. Therefore, the core is specially smelting, low carbon and silicon content, sulfur and phosphorus content is extremely low.2., the main role of the drug skin:Mechanical protection: use the gas released from the melting of the crust and form the slag to isolate the air to prevent harmful gases from invading the molten metal.Metallurgical treatment: place harmful impurities (such as oxygen, hydrogen, sulfur and phosphorus) and add useful alloy elements, so that the welding seam can meet the required chemical composition and mechanical requirements.To improve welding performance: to make the arc combustion stable, less spatter, good weld formation, easy to remove slag, etc..
1. Manufacturer Overview
|Annual Output Value
2. Manufacturer Certificates
|a) Certification Name
3. Manufacturer Capability
|No.of Employees in Trade Department
|No. of Production Lines
|Product Price Range