Specifications of Glass wool board
Width: 600, 1000,1200mm
Thermal conductivity: 0.034-0.048W/mK
Average Fiber dia.:less than 7
Grade of combustibility:Non combustible Grade A
Hydrophobicity:More than 98.2%
Applications of Glass wool board
It is mainly used for the separating wall in the high-grade building, ceiling, air conduit or inner wall of bellows for thermal insurance, or machine shops for noise absorption, or metal ceiling for control of moisture.
Packaging of Glass wool board
Packed with plastic bag.
- Q:What's the performance and difference of rock wool and glass wool fireproofing material?
- Rock wool and glass wool belong to Class A fireproofing rating, secondly, rock wool can endure high temperature of 800 degrees, glass wool high temperature of 450 degrees, again,unit weight of rock wool is relatively heavier and unit weight of glass wool is lighter, finally, glass wool has better waterproof performance.
- Q:What properties does glass wool felt have?
- Glass wool felt is a formed coiled material aiming to meet the needs of large-scale paving work. Besides its thermal preservation and thermal insualtion functions, it is also equipped with excellent shock absorption and sound absorption and noise absorption for low and medium frequency noise and vibration noise in particular, which is conducive to reducing noise pollution and improving common environment. This material can be cut freely based on needs during construction, which is mainly used as shock insulation, sound absorption and noise supression for interior architecture, muffler system, vehicles, refrigeration equipment and household appliances, and the effect is desirable. Glass wool with aluminum foil veneer has a strong thermal radiation resistance as well, which makes it a superb lining material applied in high temperature workshops, control rooms, inner wall of machine rooms, compartments and flattops.
- Q:Why does glass wool turn black when exposed to heat? Wether it will ffect the thermal insulation effect.
- This is dut to the charring of glass wool before dealing with thermal insulation. When the temperature exceeds the maximum operating temperature of glass wool, it will char. This will have some impact on the insulation effect, so it is better to know the highest temperature of the thermal insulation material before using.
- Q:What are the disadvantages of glass wool? What are the technical limitations in application?
- Glass wool is one kind of the glass fiber and it is a man-made inorganic fiber. Glass is made by melting such raw materials as quartz sand, limestone, dolomite and other natural ore with some chemical materials like pure alkali and sodium borate. In the molten state, the glass is thrown into fine fibers in the shape of floc by the with external force. These fibres vertically interwine and show many small gaps. These gaps can be regarded as air void. Thus, glass wool can be regarded as porous materials and it is of good insulation and sound absorption performance.
- Q:Whether the combustion performance of glass wool blanket can reach A grade
- Glass wool and rock wool are commonly grouped into the category of A grade fireproof material .
- Q:What's the heat conductivity coefficient of Kunnai glass wool blanket?
- Between 0.03-0.06, generally the lower the heat conductivity coefficient is, the better the thermal insulation effect is.
- Q:How is the prospects for rock wool board and glass wool board?
- They are very good, but they also cause great pollution. Such problems as how to dispose of abandoned materials and excessive materials and how to recycle these materials are very difficult to deal with.
- Q:What is the difference between quartz wool and glass wool?
- It belongs to quartz fiber. Quartz fiber is a cotton-shaped fiber made up of high purity silicon dioxide and natural quartz crystal. Its purity is 99.95% purity and density is 2.2g / cm3. The tensile strength is 7GPa and the tensile modulus is 70GPa. It has heat resistance, corrosion resistance and softness. At high temperatures, it remains high retention rate, stable dimension, good thermal shock resistance, chemical stability, transparency and electrical insulation. Filament with a diameter of 4 to 10μm can be used for reinforcing. Fiber diameter of quartz wool depends on use, which in general is about 0.7 to 10μm. Manufacturing methods: (1) Drawing with melting quartz rod or pipe oxy-hydrogen flame, and then jetting it with oxy-hydrogen flame blowpipe to make into quartz wool with a diameter of 0.7 to 1 μ m; (2) Quartz is made into short fibers and the mats with high speed airflow before being melted with flame; (3) Making quartz fibers or rods go through oxy-hydrogen flame or coal gas flame at a constant velocity for the sake of softening them and then drawing them into filaments at a high speed. It is mainly used as the reinforcement of electrical insulating materials, thermal insulating materials and composite materials. It serves as the radome of aircraft nose, the exhaust nozzle of rockets, ablative materials of spacecraft and thermal insulation materials and so on. Glass wool is categorized into glass fiber, which is a manmade inorganic fiber. Glass wool is a material which fibering melting glass to form cottony shape. Its chemical composition belongs to the classification of glass, being an inorganic fiber. So, it is good shaped with small volume density, low thermal conductivity, good thermal insulation and sound absorption properties, great corrosion resistance as well as stable chemical performance.
- Q:How to convert thickness if the heat insulation effects of glass wool board and rubber and plastic board is the same?
- It can be converted according to the experience The two products can be compared with each other the contrast is relatively poor (depending on use) five six thick glass wool use 2 rubber and plastic board Pay attention to the problem of usage and the environment
- Q:As for glass wool board and rock wool board, which kind of material is better?
- Glass wool has light unit weight, thin fiber, good sound absorption, rock wool fireproofing performance, good hydrophobic performance, low price, both two have their advantages, it depends on the specific usage, If you are interested in it, we can discuss with each other, personal opinions for reference only.
MICRO-WOOL, a large conglomerate integrating research, development, production and sales of centrifugal glass wool. We have been devoted to setting up a good CIS and completely implementing ISO9001 quality management system.
1. Manufacturer Overview
|Annual Output Value
||Above US$50 Million
||Mid East；Southeast Asia；African
2. Manufacturer Certificates
|a) Certification Name
3. Manufacturer Capability
|No.of Employees in Trade Department
||Above 1000,000 square meters
|No. of Production Lines
||OEM Service Offered；Design Service Offered
|Product Price Range