Order On-line Tracking
Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC)
HEC is a series of non-ionic soluble cellulose ethers, which can be dissolved in hot and cold water, and has the characteristics of thickening, suspending, adhesive, emulsion, film coating and super absorbent polymers protective colloid, which is widely used in paints, cosmetics, oil drilling and other industries.
Physical and chemical index：
white or light yellow powder
Loss on drying
300cps-150000cps, 2% solution
Application Guide for the coatings industry：
High thickening effect
● HEC provides excellent coating performance for the latex coating, especially the high PVC coating. There is no flocculation when the paint is thick paste.
●HEC has a higher effect of thickening, can reduce the dosage to improve the economic effectiveness of formulation, while improving the washability of the coating.
Excellent rheological properties
● HEC’s aqueous solution is non-Newtonian system, the performance of the solution called thixotropy.
● In the stationary state, the product is completely dissolved, the best coating system to maintain shape and cans thickening state.
● In the tilting state, the system will maintain moderate viscosity, make the product equipped with excellent liquidity, and will not splash.
● During the brushing and roller coating, the product is easy to spread on the base material, which will facilitate the construction. At the same time, have a good performance on anti-splash.
● Finally, when the paint coating is completed, the system viscosity can immediately resume, and the coating will be sagging at once.
Dispersion and solubility
● HEC is dissolved after a delay in processing, in the case of dry powder added, can effectively prevent caking. Ensure that HEC powder begin to hydration after fully dispersed.
● After proper surface treatment, HEC can adjust the dissolution rate and viscosity increasing speed well.
● HEC has good bio-stability, provide sufficient time for the paint store. Effectively prevent and pigments and filler sedimentation.
Oil industry Application Guide：
Application in oilfield cementing and oil drilling industries
● HEC thickening agent can be used as thickner of the well workover fluid and cementing agent. Help to provide clarification of the low fixed content solution, thus greatly reducing the structural damage to the wells. The liquid thickening by Hydroxyethyl Cellulose can be easily decomposed by acids, enzymes or oxidants, greatly improving the ability to recover hydrocarbons.
● Fluid in the well, HEC is used as proppant carrier. These liquids can be easily cracked through the process.
● HEC configuration using drilling fluid, based on its low solids content, can effectively increase drilling stability. These properties can be used to inhibit the fluid medium to high hardness of the rock and heavy shale or shale drilling.
● Reinforcement in the cement operations, HEC can reduce the hydraulic friction, minimize the loss of rock andwater loss.
Oil industry use recommended：
Viscosity (2% solution, 25℃)
Remark: DR —> Oil drilling grade
1. Manufacturer Overview
|Annual Output Value||Below US$1.2 Million|
|Main Markets||North America; South America; Eastern Europe; Southeast Asia; Africa; Oceania; Mid East; Eastern Asia; Western Europe; Central America; Northern Europe; Southern Europe; South Asia|
|Company Certifications||SGS, ISO 9001|
2. Manufacturer Certificates
|a) Certification Name|
3. Manufacturer Capability
|Nearest Port||QINGDAO PORT，TIANJIN PORT|
|No.of Employees in Trade Department||about 300|
|Language Spoken:||English, Chinese|
|Factory Size:||about 10000 m2|
|No. of Production Lines||10|
|Contract Manufacturing||Design Service Offered; Buyer Label Offered|
|Product Price Range||standard|