Polycarboxylate Superplasticizer Product Description
Polycarboxylate Superplasticizer concrete admixture (40% or 50% solid content), as a special cement additive, is a high performance, polycarboxylate ether polymer, also named PCE. With the help of PCE, it is possible to obtain highly advanced concretes, such as ultra-high strength concrete (the compressive strength values > 150 MPa), or self-compacting concrete.
Polycarboxylate Superplasticizer Product Feature
1. Excellent compatibility with various types of cements.
2. High Water Reducing Rate: Low dosage, and low slump loss.
3. Low chloride and alkali content, no corrosion to steel-bar.
4. High Stability: Neither precipitation nor layers at low temperature.
5. Environmental Friendly: Free from formaldehyde and nontoxic.
Polycarboxylate Superplasticizer Product Specification
Transparent or Yellowish Liquid Solubility Very Soluble
Solid Content (%)
Density (23 Celsius Degree) (g/cm3)
Chloride Content (%)
Na2SO4 Content (%)
Polycarboxylate Superplasticizer Application and Dosages
1. As a new generation of environmental friendly concrete admixtures, the PCE can be applied in hydraulic, electricity, port, bridge, railway, tunnels and highway.
2. In the production of self-compact precast concrete and conventional concrete, the PCE concrete admixture leads to low water/cement ratios, but maintains a normal level of workability.
3. When Polycarboxylate Superplasticizer concrete admixture (50% solid content) is applied, the dosage normally ranges from 0.3% to 1.2% of the weight of cementitious material in 1m3 of concrete. In order to optimize the dosage, experiments are required before the adoption of it or changing of the cement type.
4. Recommended dosage: 0.4% of the weight of cementitious material in 1m3 of concrete. When applied in ready-mixed station, it should be diluted into solution with the concentration of 10% and the recommended dosage thereafter is 2% of the weight of cementitious materials. For example, 100kg of PCE concrete admixture (50% solid content) can be mixed with 400kg of water to make solution of 10% concentration.
5. The PCE concrete admixture is alkalescent, nontoxic, non-corrosive and environmental friendly. If it gets onto skin or in the eyes, please wash it off with clean water at once. If there is skin allergy, please see a doctor.
6. Do not mix it with naphthalene-based admixtures. If other admixtures, such as set retarder or corrosion-inhibiting admixture, are required simultaneously for some special projects, compatibility tests should be conducted beforehand.
7. The quantity of water must be strictly controlled when PCE concrete admixture is applied, since slump loss of concrete is closely related to it.
8. When applying PCE concrete admixture in steam curing concrete or other special concrete, abundant experiments are highly recommended to make sure it satisfies the expected requirement.
9. When the PCE concrete admixture is used to make concrete at or below C45, the total cost may be reduced by increasing the quantity of minerals.
Polycarboxylate Superplasticizer Packing specification:
The PCE concrete admixture (40% or 50% solid content) for liquid is packed in 1100kg (1000Liter) per IBC Tank.
Storage and transport: This product is intoxic and hard to burn, so that it can be dealt with as common chemicals, and should be stored in dry and ventilated places, avoiding rain, sunshine, evaporation and below freezing point.
Product warranty: One year.